Face-Framing Brunette Balayage
By Mickey Colon
If your brunettes are looking to lighten up for the summer (and we know they are!), a blended balayage and blonde money piece is the perfect way to give them a pop of face-framing brightness. So when we saw this high-contrast brunette with a rich base and creamy ribbons of blonde, we had to share it with the BTC fam! Get all of the application steps and color formulas from TRUSS Professional Brand Ambassador and Brazilian balayage specialist Mickey Colon (@mickeycolonjr) below!
Service Pricing Breakdown:
Toners x2 $60
Conditioning Treatment $50
Who Did It
1. Separate the hair into three sections—the back and both sides. Starting at the nape, slice and tease sections before applying Formula A and securing in foils. Continue until you reach the occipital area.
2. Then, move to either side of the head and apply two back-to-back foils at the hairline. Repeat on the opposite side.
3. Move to the face frame, aka the money piece. Take two back-to-back foils without teasing and apply Formula A. Take a third foil directly after, but tease this section. Repeat teasing and painting a fourth foil, but this time leave some hair out between sections.
4. After the face frame is complete, move to the back section and foil toward both of the sides. “Ping pong back and forth on both sides,” suggests Mickey.
5. After the sides are complete, continue to foil from the occipital to the crown—slicing, weaving and applying Formula A. Leave hair between each painted section.
6. Process until the desired level of lift is achieved and apply heat if needed.
7. Rinse and apply Formula B to the roots. Process for 10 minutes, then smudge down to the mids and process for another 5 minutes.
8. Apply Formula C to the ends and process for 10 minutes, then rinse.
9. Apply TRUSS Professional Infusion Treatment in sections from the mids to ends. This will condition strands and create a protective layer over the hair that seals cuticles. Process for 30 minutes, then rinse.
10. Apply TRUSS Professional Amino all over to restore hydration after the lightening process and to protect the hair from potential thermal damage.
11. Style loose, face-framing waves using a Hot Tools Black Gold™ Marcel Iron.
12. Finished Look