Buttermilk Blonde Balayage
By Philip Foresto
Sometimes all it takes to bring a haircut to life is a gorgeous color, and this dimensional buttermilk blonde balayage by BTC Team Member Philip Foresto (@hairbypf) is definite proof of that! Want to know how he achieved this soft, low-maintenance hue? Grab the formulas and application steps below!
Who Did It
1. Starting at the nape, take 2-inch sections and apply Formula A in a bricklay pattern. Work your way up the head until you reach the perimeter.
Pro Tip: To create natural dimension throughout, simply leave some sections of hair unpainted to act as a lowlight.
2. Once you reach the perimeter, start at the hairline and overdirect the top section forward. Paint Formula A higher up on the sections closest to the hairline and paint lower on the rear sections that are further from the front.
3. Let process for 1 hour, then rinse.
4. Next, tone by applying Formula B to the roots and Formula C from the midlengths to the ends. Melt the formulas where they meet for a seamless blend, then process for 10 minutes.
5. Rinse, blow-dry and style as desired.