Beachy Brunette Balayage
This thick head of gorgeous brunette hair was calling for beachy balayage, and Bianca Hillier (@biancacolour) delivered. The colorist, who works at Andy LeCompte Salon in West Hollywood as well as in Bahrain and Dubai, spilled the deets on how she achieves dimensional results (and keeps the hair healthy!) with her precision painting technique on deep-hued strands.
Bianca’s secret weapon? Olaplex, the first product with patented chemistry that seeks out broken bonds and repairs them. “The reason myself and other top colorists continue to use Olaplex is due to the fact that there is nothing comparable,” she shared. “Olaplex absolutely does not hinder your coloring/chemical experience and will only progressively benefit the hair, not only in the short term, but also in the long run.” Olaplex can be used in all salon services and in all color lines, which is why many top colorists like Bianca swear by it.
Keep reading to see how Bianca achieved this look.
Who Did It
1. Use Bianca’s painting technique to balayage the hair and use cotton to separate sections. “Cotton is a great divider because it will not conduct heat and it stops the bleach from bleeding,” Bianca said. Process under heat up to 10 minutes.
2. Shampoo with Shu Uemura Urban Moisture Hydro-Nourishing Shampoo. Then, mix Olaplex No.1 with water and apply to the hair for 5 minutes.
3. Then, apply Formula B to the roots for 5 minutes and Formula C to the midlengths and ends for 10 minutes.
4. Rinse and shampoo with Shu Uemura Urban Moisture Hydro-Nourishing Shampoo, then apply Olaplex No.2.
5. Rinse, blow-dry and style.