QUICKIE: Vibrant Red Retouch
You love creating looks that incorporate bold red hues, but its longevity? Not so much. Check out this quickie from Matrix Global Artist Constance Robbins and see how you can easily touch up that vibrant red balayage at her next appointment!
Constance’s Top 5 Takeaways:
1. Want to make those intense reds still look natural? Foilayage your lightening formula, concentrating the lightest pieces where the sun would naturally kiss her hair.
2. Do not paint all the way to the scalp area. Instead, start about 2 inches away and feather up randomly for a softer transition.
3. To keep the lightened sections from touching the unlightened sections, Constance suggests folding your foil in twos. (See how in the video below!)
4. If your client has a lot of gray in the face-framing area like Constance’s client, she recommends using permanent color.
5. If your client does not have any gray, Constance says to use a demi-permanent color for a softer, more natural grow out.
See the full process below!