How-To: Dark Golden Melt + Dutch Braided Top Knot
What’s even better than giving your client the dark golden melt of her dreams? Styling her new look into a gorgeous Dutch braid and half-up top knot! When we posted this color and style by Emma Nichols (@emmanichols_hair)—a student at the TONI&GUY Academy in Scottsdale, Ariz.—it received over 11.6k likes on BTC’s Instagram! With all of that attention, we HAD to share the color formula and how-to with the BTC community. Check it out below!
1. Apply Formula A from the roots to 2 1/5 inches down. Blend the color into the prelightened pieces by smudging and feathering it with your fingers.
1. Prep with TIGI® Bed Head Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo to give the hair grip and texture.
2. Take two vertical partings starting from the recession area to the radial.
3. Dutch braid the hair straight back and pull out the edges of the braid to give it a fuller effect.
4. Create a top knot by twisting the hair and pinning it simultaneously.
5. Curl the rest of the hair. Apply TIGI® Bed Head Joyride Texturizing Powder Balm to the ends to give the curls a finished look.
6. Finish with TIGI® Bed Head Headrush Shine Adrenaline Superfine Mist.
Total Pricing: $35 (Student Rate)