How-To: A Ravishing Red With Brilliant Shine
A lot goes in to creating a bold new color for your client, but keeping her hair looking strong, bright and healthy is definitely one of the most important aspects to your new color creation. And now thanks to the recently-upgraded, ammonia-free Color Sync line from Matrix, creating a brand new hue that delivers a flawlessly healthy shine is easier than ever! Here’s how you can take her to a ravishing red she’ll instantly fall in love with!
Color Sync Formula
1 oz. Color Sync 6RC + 1 oz. Color Sync 8RC + 2 oz. 10-volume MATRIX Cream Developer
Get the look
1. Section hair into quadrants.
2. Outline all quadrants and apply to scalp area.
3. Immediately apply formula from the midlengths through the ends and process for 20 minutes.
4. Rinse thoroughly. Cleanse and condition using your favorite Matrix Biolage or Total Results™ shampoo and conditioner.
For a flawless, tone-on-tone color, Color Sync has you covered!
Watch below and experience the upgrade.
Need another brilliantly bold look? Here’s how you can lowlight to the perfect blonde hue!
1 oz. Color Sync 8WN + 1 oz. 10-volume MATRIX Cream Developer
2 oz. Color Sync SPGV + 2 oz. 10-volume MATRIX Cream Developer
Get the look
1. Starting 1-inch from the hairline, create a large diamond-shaped section on the top of the head; secure for control.
2. Working outside the diamond, take a diagonal weave that mirrors the diamond shape section, and place it on the foil. Apply lowlight formula from the scalp through the ends. Leave approximately ½-inch of hair between the foils.
3. Continue to repeat this weave pattern and application method around the diamond shape until complete. The diamond shaped section remains uncolored. Creating a veil of lightness, the diamond shape section also enhance the dimension of the color.
4. Process for 20 minutes, rinse thoroughly, cleanse and towel-dry.
5. Apply toner formula from scalp to ends and process until desired tone is achieved or up to 20 minutes.
6. Rinse, cleanse and condition using your favorite Matrix Biolage or Total Results™ shampoo and conditioner.