Backstage Pass: Triple Layer Cake Nails at Veronica Beard FW19
NYFW Nails With essie At Veronica Beard FW19
Why do we love wearable, soft pink nails? Because they let the clothes do the talking! And if we learned anything at the Veronica Beard FW19 presentation during New York Fashion Week, it’s that simplicity is anything BUT basic. The nails on display, created by Julie Kandalec (@julieknailsnyc) for essie, elevated classic pink with a “triple layer cake” application, creating a customized, glazed finish that accented the collection’s patterns (glen plaid, florals and leopard print) and textures (wool, leather and fleece). Check out how Julie created the look below!
Follow these steps to get the look. Apply each shade when the layer before is about 80 percent dry for a smooth, glazed finish!
How-To: Triple Layer Glazed Nails
- Gently buff nails and apply essie here to stay base coat for a smooth polish application.
- Add one layer of essie cascade cool, a creamy pink, for depth.
- To tone down the color, add one coat of essie minimalistic, a barely-there pink.
- Apply one coat of essie mademoiselle, a sheer pink, to soften.
- Set nails with essie speed.setter top coat for high shine and finish with essie apricot cuticle oil.
Click through the slideshow for the BTS with BTC and essie!