4 Tips To Create Client-Friendly Tutorials On Instagram
How To Build Your Business + Stay Connected With Clients
It’s going on over a month with most of the country sheltering in place due to the coronavirus pandemic. While you’re waiting on the salon to reopen, you can still engage with your clients digitally by doing what you do best—HAIR!
Right now is the perfect time to let your clients know you’re still thinking about them, while simultaneously building your social media brand and finding new, creative ways to share education on your Insta page. How? By sharing client-friendly tutorials! If you’ve never recorded a video like this before or you’re just looking for some good examples, we’ve got you covered below!
- Keeps you posting on Instagram—aka building your brand.
- Maintain relationships with clients.
- This shows them that while you cannot be in the salon with them, they are still your priority and you want to help them manage their hair at home.
2. How Can You Build Business By Posting Tutorials?
Make Money/Sell Retail: Are you participating in one of the many available affiliate programs for salon pros? If not, check them out on our affiliate programs page. This is a GREAT way to demo the retail you are selling—so clients can watch the videos and get their products directly from YOU, the salon professional.
Get New Clients: The best way to gain new clients? Picture this: Your followers love your videos and share them with their friends. This is an easy way to gain new clients when you’re back in the salon.
This Is A GREAT Example Of Teaching Flat Iron Waves From @alishajaredhairartistry!
View this post on Instagram
Revive your hair with a little @moroccanoilpro Root Boost (round brushed into your dry roots) using the NEW @moroccanoilpro Power Performance Ionic Hair Dryer ✨ Add undone texture with @moroccanoilpro Perfectly Polished Titanium Flat iron + piece it out with @moroccanoilpro Texture Clay. 🤍 Staying home doesn’t mean you can’t look cute 😅 Stay healthy, you guys. • –xx; @alishajaredhairartistry— • @moroccanoilpro #MOProfessional #BTCxMOpartner @behindthechair_com #behindthechair #thebtcteam #btconeshot2020_videotutorial @oneshothairaward #prettyhair #hairgoals #hairtrends #hairtutorial #shorthair #bobhaircut #shorthaircut
- A tripod or something to prop your phone or camera up—a stack of books works just fine.
- The products you’ll be using to complete the look.
- A mannequin, your quarantine buddy or yourself!
- Quarantining with someone else? Have them record for you.
Pro Tip: Find somewhere with natural light, next to an outlet (if you’re using tools) with a background that’s not too busy.
- Break down what you’re shooting into client-friendly steps.
- Remember your audience. Make it as easy as possible for them to recreate the look at home.
- If you’re using a product, make sure to show clients how to apply them properly and include them in your caption.
Watch @jbraidsandbows Demo A Fast Braiding Technique!
View this post on Instagram
Another super duper easy simple quick style ! I did apply a bit of low heat to give my clean hair a bit more texture. Otherwise this can be done completely heatless ! Using my @igkhair team of Jet Lag dry shampoo• Good Behavior heat protecting smoothing spray • 30,000 feet volume texture powder 🙌🏻✨ @igkhair #IGKhair #IGKarmy @behindthechair_com #behindthechair #thebtcteam #BTCxIGKhairPartner #braids #braidedhair #dutchbraids #dutchbraidedhair #shorthair #copperhair #hair #hairstyles #braidedhairstyles #shorthairstyles