3 Balayage Tips For Blended Dimension
3 Hair Painting Tips For Depth & Brightness
Balayage is one of the most-requested services in the salon—are you coasting through your applications with ease and consistent results? Amy McManus (@camouflageandbalayage) went LIVE from The BTC House to dish out her secrets for achieving brightness, even blending and depth for a seamless balayage every time.
Get four basic tips you need for face-framing blonde dimension, then watch the full video and get Amy’s Insta-approved color formulas.
1. Elevation & Body Position
To maximize brightness during balayage application, it’s important to saturate the sections where you want to see the most brightness like the face frame. Here’s how:
- Especially on longer-haired clients, Amy recommends holding the hair with tension at different points of elevation at the top of the head. Usually, Amy paints with the section straight out at a 90-degree angle.
- Can’t elevate without standing on your tippy-toes?! Amy recommends using a step stool because it allows you to be more taut and even with elevation at the crown.
2. Hairline Ribbons Of Light
The money piece—aka the burst of brightness around the face frame—is where the client wants to see the most light. That’s why Amy paints on diagonal-forward, slanted direction around the front hairline for a heavy blonde effect. Then, Amy transitions into traditional V-shape painting in the back of the head.
3. Thick Hair? Try The Frosting Effect
Depending on the condition and density of the client’s hair, Amy will custom-mix her lighteners until she formulates the desired viscosity.
Here’s How: Since Amy prefers working with a lightening formula that has the consistency of frosting, she will mix Wella Professionals BLONDOR Powder and BLONDOR Freelights. Why? It has the consistency of a balayage lightener with the lifting power of a traditional lightener.
Well This Looks Interesting: Human Keratin In Color Formulas?
2019 Hair Trend Predictions—Here’s What Top Stylists Have To Say!
Expectation Vs. Reality—What You Wish Clients Could See
7 Balayage Articles You Need To Read Before 2019
Insta-Approved Styling Tips To Show Off Haircolor
Golden Blonde Balayage
Toning Balayage & Highlights—What You (And Your Clients) Need To Know