Warm Brunette Makeover
By Kelly Massias
We love a good transformation, and this fall makeover created by Kelly Massias (@kellymassiashair), an independent stylist from Grand Cayman, shows us the softer side of brunette. To transform her bleach-and-tone client into something more natural for the cooler months, she used a combination of three shades and melted darker formulas into lighter formulas to fill and color at the same time. Get her formula and steps below!
Who Did It
1. Starting in the nape, apply Formula A to the roots and melt down to about the midlengths.
2. Then, using alternating sections, apply Formula B at the midlengths and melt down to the ends. On the other sections, apply Formula B at the midlengths and Formula C at the ends. Remember to keep your hands clean throughout the process and comb through each section after applying the color. This keeps the color placement exactly where you want it.
3. Continue alternating sections and formulas until reaching the front hairline.
4. At the hairline, apply Formula A from the roots to the midlengths, then blend Formula C from the midlengths to the ends. Kelly says that adding 5C to the formula added a richness that you wouldn’t get from the 5G alone.
5. Process, rinse, shampoo and blow-dry. Kelly waved the hair using the Bio Ionic 1 ¼-inch curling iron and then created a one-strand loop knot.