Violet Base Blend Color Formula
Stylists Sarah Hernandez, Keli Clayton and Taya Ayala of Studio 170 in Logan, UT were pleasantly surprised to find themselves on top of one of the hottest trends in color when they created this violet base blend! They took their model, Tiffany, from a traditional ombré to a platinum blonde with hints of violet at the base. Here’s how they did it.
Who Did It
1. Pre-lighten to a Level 8/9 golden blonde using Formula A, applying the formula twice, from the scalp to the line of demarcation.
2. Shampoo and condition using Oribe Gold Lust.
3. Apply Formula B from the scalp, 2 inches out.
4. Apply Formula C from scalp to midshaft and process for 10 minutes.
5. Emulsify the remaining color through the ends at the shampoo bowl and rinse immediately.
6. Condition with Olaplex #2 for 15 minutes.
7. Prime for styling with Bumble and bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Primer and blow-dry and style as desired.
8. Finish with Oribe Dry Texturizing Hair Spray and Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil on the ends.