Summer Blonde: Sandy Balayage + Face-Framing Platinum
Nothing says summer like a sandy blonde balayage with a burst of light framing the face—and BTC team member Jamie Park (@hairbyjpark) deserves all the Insta hearts 💗 because one of her recent posts captures both! Slaying the blend is never simple though, she combined weaved highlights, teasy lights, hair painting and a subtle root smudge to create this stunning shade of summer blonde. Check the details below!
Who Did It
1. Starting at the nape and moving toward the crown, alternate between teasing, weaving and painting panels with Formula A.
2. Once the back section is complete, move to the face-framing section and babylight three to four sections using very fine weaves and Formula A.
3. Next, move to the ear/side sections, split in two and alternate between teasy lights and weaved highlights still using Formula A. Switching up the color technique creates a super organic end result.
4. Once hair has lifted to desired level, rinse and shampoo with Olaplex No.2 and then comb out.
5. Next, apply Formula B at the base to create a soft root smudge.
Pro Tip: When reaching the front hairline, do not reapply product. This creates a softer and more natural rooted money piece as well as a seamless grow out.
6. Let Formula B process for 15 minutes, then rinse and apply Formula C until reaching the desired end result.
7. Next, rinse, do not shampoo, condition and style!
Bonus: Scroll through Jamie’s Insta post to see her in-process videos!