Rooty Bright Blonde
Ahh…there is nothing we love more than a perfect color correction. But a color correction that ends up in a gorgeous, rooty blonde bob? Hell, yeah! We are obsessed with this look from Carolynn Judd (@styled_by_carolynn), owner of Ave. Salon in Ogden, Utah. Her client came in with about an inch of virgin regrowth, followed by an inch of pink left over from a previous shadow root. Her ends were still light blonde.
“This client is always wanting a new, fun color every couple of months,” Carolynn shares. “Her style is very hippie chic.” Well, Carolynn, you nailed it! Something else that’s cool? Carolynn’s been a stylist for 14 years, but has only been on social media for about six months. She’s been noticing her followers—and business—grow ever since!
Total Price: $150-$200 for the cut and color, $250 for color correction.
Who Did It
1. Start by foil weaving the entire head. Apply two weaved foils of Formula A then one weaved foil of Formula B.
2. When all foils are placed, paint Formula A onto any pink bits, making sure to leave the virgin root and blonde ends exposed. Process for 30 minutes, then rinse and towel-dry thoroughly.
3. Apply Formula C from the roots to 2½ inches down, keeping about 1 inch away from the front hairline to keep the color bright around the face. Process for 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Apply Formula D to the front hairline, ends and any hair not covered by Formula C. To ensure a seamless shadow, comb through the hair with a wide-tooth comb. Carolynn said she always watches the hair tone to ensure she achieves the correct color, which usually takes about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Rinse and apply Olaplex No.2. Finish with KEVIN.MURPHY ANGEL.WASHand BLONDE.ANGEL.