RICH WARM BRUNETTE FORMULA
There is nothing like a mug of hot chocolate on an icy winter day to warm you up. HOWEVER, this rich warm brunette by Melissa Delgado (@glamourby_melissa) is coming pretty close. We reached out to get all of the juicy details on what went in to this look and how you can achieve it in the salon. Scroll through to see what she said!
Total Chair Time: 4 to 6 hours
1. Who is the ideal client candidate for this technique?
“This technique is for clients who are low-maintenance and don’t want to visit the salon very often. The ideal client would be someone who is okay with being flexible on what we can achieve in one session,” explains Melissa.
2. What does maintenance require for this look?
“Professional hair care products all the way! I like to recommend Kevin Murphy products to my clients for longevity of color and maintaining healthy hair,” says Melissa. In terms of salon maintenance, Melissa recommends her clients come in every four to six months for another session.
6. Does this look come with any specific challenges or is there anyone you would tell no for this look?
“You can run into challenges when someone has previous permanent color or at-home box color. If your client wants to continue to go lighter, the dark pieces you left out will continue to lift warm, while the previous lightened ends you created will lift beautifully,” explains Melissa. As always, a thorough consultation is key in communicating what to expect at the start of every service.
1. Using Formula A, foil desired amount of hair, being sure to leave space in between to keep depth and dimension.
Mixing Tip: Mix with a 1:2.5 ratio for a creamier consistency.
2. Process until a Level 7 is reached.
3. Shampoo, rinse and tone using Formula B. Process for 15 minutes.
4. Rinse, condition, and style as desired.