Icy Pink & Blue Color Melt
Who says gray coverage has to be boring? Salon owner Dinah Lefranc’s (@coiffed_by_dinah) client told her to “do whatever,” so she transformed her graying dark hair into a stunning icy pink and blue melt! Love it? Keep scrolling for the formulas and how-to steps!
Total Chair Time: Five to eight hours
Who is this technique for?
This technique is perfect for clients who have gray or graying hair. “At Coiffed 220 Salon this color technique is called the ‘Coiffed Color Melt’,” says Dinah. “[The client] chose these colors because the fade transitions back to her original grey/ash blonde in a discreet way.”
Check Out The Before & After!
How long does this process generally take and how long does it last?
“The ‘Coiffed Color Melt’ can take about five to eight hours. This time depends on the density, length and integrity of the hair. This particular color melt can last you up to three months,” says Dinah.
What at-home care and in-salon maintenance are required for this look?
Dinah suggests that her clients come into her salon once a month for the “Flossy Glossy“ service to help maintain the hair’s integrity and color. The service includes a “demi-permanent color, a hydrating moisture treatment and an intensive protein treatment in order to maintain their Coiffed Color Melt.”
Clients are encouraged to purchase the “Coiffed220 Care Kit” to help maintain their hair at home. The kit contains either moisture or protein products depending on the client’s hair needs.
Clients Leave The Salon With Dinah’s Signature Wrap!
What is the pricing for this technique?
“For a custom color at Coiffed 220 Salon, the price ranges from $300 to $700 dollars. This price covers hair treatment, consultation, styling and more,” says Dinah. “Quality service, haircare and amazing results tend to cost a bit more than average. We want the best for our clients and always want it to be a great experience at Coiffed 220.”
Look At The Comb Out! Isn’t It Stunning!
View this post on Instagram
Who Did It
1. Apply Joico Defy Damage Pro Series 1 to the protect the hair, then lift the hair using Formula A until the desired level is reached.
2. Rinse the lightener out, apply Joico Defy Damage Pro Series 2 and let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Rinse the hair again and apply Olaplex No. 2. Let sit under a hooded dryer for 20 minutes.
4. Cleanse the hair using Olaplex No. 4 and blow-dry.
5. Apply Formula B, Formula C, Formula D and Formula E to the hair and melt together. Let sit for 30 minutes.
6. Rinse the hair with cold water, then apply Olaplex No. 5 and let sit under a steamer for 25 minutes.
7. Apply Olaplex No. 6 and roller set the hair. Let sit under a hooded dryer until completely dry.
8. Silk press and wrap the hair to finish.