Brunettes are stunning no matter what the season is. But when you infuse a dark base with melted chocolate/mocha and auburn tones—they’re even better! This decant delight was created by BTC #ONESHOT Hot Shot Ombré Shot of the Year Winner, Iris Smith (@glamiris) from Lux Salon in Stockton, Calif., who loves to create multidimensional, tone-on-tone effects. Here’s her delicious “recipe” for this rich, chocolate blend.
Who Did It
1. To create the balayage highlights, apply Formula A. Do not add heat or foil. Allow the hair to process for 20 minutes.
2. Then go back and paint random pieces of hair with a fresh batch of Formula B to achieve different levels on the balayage areas (and to give the hair more dimension).
3. Allow the color to process for an additional 20 minutes.
4. Shampoo with Joico Color Endure Sulfate-Free Shampoo, towel-dry the hair and apply Formula C. Allow the toner to process for 20 minutes.
5. Rinse and condition the hair with Joico K-PAK Color Therapy Conditioner.