From Virgin to Vixen
Here’s a palate cleanser for you! From a basic blah look made up of mostly virgin hair to an icy blonde vixen that shines and shimmers, this transformation by Shawna Russell @hairbyshawna_russell from Vancouver is making us say “Ahhhhhh!” Here’s what she says about this look.
“My client Kianna had previously a balayaged ombré in her hair,” Shawna says. “She let it grow out for the whole year, but there was still a little blonde left on the ends when she decided she wanted something completely different than all the ombrés out there. It was her idea to go blonde, and I was super excited since she was a Level 7 virgin color. Of course I always let the client know that with a bleachout they should be willing to be in the salon every six to seven weeks to maintain roots, and the cost will be $150 minimum to maintain.”
Pricing: Shawna said bleachouts on virgin hair start at $350, and bleached root touch-up is $150. She charges $40 per .5 oz of Olaplex used.
Who Did It
1. Begin a virgin bleachout application with Formula A starting a half inch from the scalp almost to the ends. Shawna used Olaplex No. 1 in the formula for only the last inch because the ends had been previously lightened in a grown-out ombré look about a year prior.
2. Once hair reaches a Level 8, apply Formula B to roots and let it process to palest yellow.
3. Mix .5 oz Olaplex No. 1 + 3 oz. of water in an applicator bottle and apply to damp hair. Rest for 10 minutes.
4. On top of the first Olaplex treatment, apply Olaplex No. 2 and let rest for 10-15 minutes, then shampoo.
5. Tone with Formula C.
6. In subsequent sessions, tone with Formula D.