Dimensional Vanilla Blonde Balayage
By Madison Carbrey
Does this dimensional vanilla blonde balayage from Pennsylvania-based colorist Madison Carbrey (@hairbymadisoncarbrey) have anyone else dreaming of warm summer days? No? Just us? After it got more than 11k likes on our IG, we knew we had to find out how Madison seamlessly blended touches of depth between surface painted brightness. Keep scrolling to get the color formulas and how-to steps!
Total Chair Time: 3 hours
Who Did It
1. Working with wide diagonal back panels, use a 2-inch chip brush and balayage with Formula A to create bold pops. “I maintained her natural depth by surface painting my section,” shares Madison.
2. Then, when painting in Zone 3, saturate the ends completely with Formula A for added brightness. Process for 40 minutes.
3. Add a few panels of depth between the lightened sections by applying Formula B.
4. Rinse, then gloss all over with Formula C and process for 3 minutes.
5. Rinse again, then blow-dry and style as desired.