Berry Sunset Color Melt
A multi-tonal berry-infused color melt…yes, please! This stunning color concoction comes courtesy of Hannah Alyce, a New Talent Stylist at Salon Halo in Spring Hill, FL. Here’s a fun fact, she is also a recent graduate of Paul Mitchell the School Tampa! Hannah’s client came in with a few months of regrowth and told her to do whatever she wanted with her color. Excited at the freedom to be as artistic as possible, Hannah allowed her fascination with the stunning sunset skies of Florida to serve as her inspiration. The resulting dimensional color is fun, fresh and oh so berrylicious!
Who Did It
1. Apply Formula A to the regrowth, feathering it down to set up for the ink overlay. Process the color for 25 minutes, then rinse.
2. Power dry the hair. Start with four standard segments using the round of the head as your guide, taking slightly rounded horizontal sectioning and painting accordingly. Apply Formula B to the roots and regrowth areas, and Formula C to the midshafts, and Formula D to the ends.
3. After each color is applied, go back through and emulsify and blend the colors with your fingers to ensure the colors melt together and there are no lines of demarcation.
4. Allow the hair to process for 30 minutes, then shampoo with cool water and Paul Mitchell Post Color Protect Shampoo and Paul Mitchell Ultimate Color Care Conditioner.
5. For styling, Hannah used Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam and Super Skinny Serum. She loosely curled the hair with the Paul Michell Neuro Unclipped and used Hold Me Tight Finishing Spray and Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray, combing through gently with your hands to break up the curl and create a loose, beach wave.