Show-Stopping Styles on the Red Carpet
Ultra-sleek and girlish-glamour. Two classic styles sported by celebs at this year’s Emmy Awards. Even in the heat, Celebrity Hairstylist Creighton Bowman proved getting that super-straight look or that Gibson-girl glamour is more than possible. Here is how you can get two of this year’s most elegant, red-carpet styles.
Super straight and super sleek was everything Creighton needed to complete Tatiana’s sophisticated and edgy red-carpet look. Learn how to get this style even with thick and curly, natural locks.
Get the Look
1. Start with towel-dried hair and massage René Furterer LISSEA Leave-In Smoothing Fluid. Then add in a little René Furterer STRAIGHTENING Gel at the hairline. This will help control any flyaways and/or baby hairs.
2. Next, create a deep side part and blowout the hair using a large round brush to get it really smooth. After blowing out the hair, take sections of hair and spray each one with René Furterer LISSEA Thermal Protecting Smoothing Spray before flat ironing the hair.
3. After flat ironing the hair with a regular-sized flat iron, slick everything down and over to the side. Gather the hair to create a ponytail. Use a stretchy cord hooked at each end, this will help create just the right amount of tension to achieve that really tight and sleek look.
4. Next add a ponytail extension to the hair, wrap it around the base of the real ponytail and then blunt-cut the extension. This will help blend the two together.
5. To complete the look, mist René Furterer GLOSSING SPRAY over the ponytail to get that super-shiny look. And finally, give hair an all over blast of the new René Furterer VEGETAL STONG HOLD Finishing Hair Spray to keep the look lasting all night long.
Creighton created an ultra-feminine look for Anna Chlumsky, combining vintage romance with a 21st century twist. Get her exclusive look here.
Get the Look
1. Start with towel-dried hair and add a little René Furterer VOLUMEA Volumizing Foam – No Rinse at the hairline. Then mist on the new René Furterer VEGETAL TEXTURE SPRAY from roots to ends. This spray is light but will add volume and body to the hair.
2. Next, in order to achieve the full and luxurious look, turn your clients head upside down and blowout the hair, scrunching as you go.
3. To get the Gibson Girl hairstyle to look modern, pay attention to the classic updo, but style it loosely and with incredible volume and texture.
4. Next, create a messy French braid around the perimeter of the head. Be sure to leave lots of looseness for body.
5. To complete the look, wrap the rest of the hair into a loose bun and pin it at the upper part of the back of the head. Be sure to secure the bun. And finally, mist hair with the new René Furterer VEGETAL STRONG HOLD Finishing Hair Spray to keep the look lasting all night.