Purple Royalty Color Formula
Purple hair continues to grow in popularity, whether it’s lilac, lavender, plum or this deep eggplant from BTC Member Lacie Blancher of Salon Elle in Gretna, LA. She used Pravana VIVIDS Violet and Wild Orchid to create this perfect shade of deep purple that is sure to wow all of your violet vixens. Get her step-by-step below!
Want to be featured? Check out BTC’s Instagram and tag your pics to #behindthechair!
Natural/Starting Level: 5 with red tones on midshafts and ends
Formula A (lightener): Wella Professionals Blondor + 20-volume developer
Formula B (toner): 1 ½ oz. Wella Professionals Color Touch 7/73 + 3 oz. Wella Professionals Color Touch Emulsion 1.9%
Formula C: 3 oz. Pravana VIVIDS Violet + 3 oz. Pravana VIVIDS Wild Orchid
1. Apply Formula A to midshafts and ends, and then to new growth. Process until lifted to a Level 7 or 8. Rinse with cool water.
2. Shampoo and condition with Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Wella Professionals Brilliance Conditioner. Towel-dry the hair.
3. Apply Formula B from roots to ends to even out color and process for 15 minutes. Rinse and condition the hair.
4. Dry hair completely, and apply Formula C all over. Process for 20 to 25 minutes in a cap with heat.
5. Rinse hair with cool water. Follow with Pravana Vivids Color Protect Shampoo and Conditioner and Pravana Color Protect Sealing Spray.