Pai-Shau: Passion for More Than Just Hair
As every artist knows, inspiration can be found in the most unexpected places. One day an idea sparks to life, inspired by a single moment, and nothing is the same. For Pai-Shau founder Zohar Paz, it all began in Vietnam. It was there, while visiting a remote village, that he first discovered the culture—more specifically, the people practicing an ancient bathing ritual using a variety of local, steeped tea leaves. This beauty ritual produces a powerful tea complex that results in numerous benefits for the hair.
Zohar immediately realized that he’d stumbled upon something special and knew he had to share the amazing benefits of this ancient beauty ritual with the world. Thus Pai-Shau was born—a brand celebrating and utilizing this secret tea ingredient, making it available for stylists everywhere.
The collection includes Design Ritual Style Soufflé, Hydrating Ritual Supreme Revitalizing Mask, Replenishing Hair Cleanser, Replenishing Cream Conditioner, and Pai-Shau’s special Enhance Ritual Biphasic Infusion. This highly saturating daily hair ritual is made with a blend of trade secret ingredients including the highest concentrate of the Signature Exotic Tea Complex that works to soften texture and improve manageability. It infiltrates the cuticle and combats dryness at its core, providing healthier shine and nourishment from the first use.
How-To: Revitalized Blonde
When Christine, a high fashion model, came to Master Colorist and Pai-Shau Brand Ambassador, Rob Pizzuti at Blyss Salon in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, for help, her situation was dire. Earlier in the year, she was promised a sweet platinum blonde from her last stylist, but the service took a turn for the worse. Imagine the scariest possible scenario—parts of her scalp were burned and her hair was 60 percent broken off; at one point, she even had to seek medical help for open sores, stopping her modeling work for a year. Here’s how Rob saved her fried hair, bringing this bombshell blonde’s traumatized tresses back to life and returning her to the runway just in time for Paris Fashion Week.
“At the consult, I had Christine start using Pai-Shau Replenishing Hair Cleanser and Hydrating Ritual Supreme Revitalizing Mask, then finishing her hair with Enhance Ritual Biphasic Infusion (a leave in weightless treatment). She agreed to treat her hair for three weeks before we tackled the day-long makeover so that I would have the most hydrated hair possible to work on,” says Rob.
1. Pre-treat all of the bleached, broken hair with Enhance Ritual Biphasic Infusion, and begin to freehand highlight and lowlight with ammonia-free color. Once processed, clean and treat the hair again with the Hydrating Ritual Supreme Revitalizing Mask.
2. Apply Enhance Ritual Biphasic Infusion to damp hair and lightly blow-dry with cool air.
3. Begin another set of ultra-fine baby highlights and low lighting. Do this in two steps to keep all of the timing minimal and exact—do not let any of the hair overprocess. Then, use a freehand technique to apply vanilla gloss between the second set of foils.
4. Cleanse with Replenishing Hair Cleanser and Hydrating Ritual Supreme Revitalizing Mask for a full 15 minutes.
5. On damp hair, apply Enhance Ritual Biphasic Infusion, and cut and style.
“For Christine, the results were outstanding. Incredible shine and silky to the touch,” says Rob. “By re-hydrating at each step we maintained maximum moisture and kept her hair healthy with zero breakage. Hydrating the hair properly allows the stylist to create any shape or color while keeping the client’s hair healthy along the way.”
For more information, visit www.Pai-Shau.com.