Never Underestimate Your Power to Transform!
Completely changing your look can be scary, but it can also be a very welcome and exiting experience. Not only does the client get an upgrade, but the stylist gets to try something different and new. When a client comes in for a total change-up, it can sometimes result in an unhappy customer, even when the result is exactly what was asked for. But there also times when the client will look in the mirror and shed a few tears because they are finally seeing themselves the way they’ve always imagined. You have the power and the skills to make their transformation a life-changing experience.
This is what happened when ProRituals Creative Director, Terrence Michael Renk, and Bodyography Cosmetics Makeup Artist, Kelly McGowan teamed up to create a beautiful transformation that gave the client a new, youthful look, yet didn’t completely change who she was. Here’s how they did it!
1. Only 30 foils were required to highlight the entire head.
2. Section the hair into six square box sections 3 inches x 3 inches. These sections are to be placed at angles to fit the head shape. The front section will be half of a square that is placed like a pyramid section, with the point directed back.
3. Weave highlights and apply ProRituals Bluelight Lightening Powder with a tint brush on to foil and fold. The foils should be placed to create a more natural movement and brighter dimension using a 20-volume developer. The Bluelight lightener has an aqua marine blue tone to help reduce the yellow tone in blonde hair.
4. Apply ProRituals Hair and Scalp Therapy to the lighting formula to add essential fatty acids that help replenish depleted moisture that can be removed during the hair lifting process.
5. Each 3-inch x 3-inch square section should have five foils in each. A total of 30 foils.
6. Applying color at these angles will allow the color to flow, giving greater movement and coverage and allowing the client less maintenance, and a more natural look.
7. For the cut, a bob shape was created with a soft angle in front to create a simple, natural backward flow.
8. ProRituals Colorfuel and ProRituals Lift Volumizer were used to style the hair along with a Marilyn Flatter Me Too Oval Styling Brush.
1. Clean the face with a Bodyography Face It Wipe. Then apply Bodyography Overnight Serum as an instant collagen amplifier.
2. Use a shaded Bodyography Primer to even out the skin tone. Then apply Foundation 150 all over face with a stippling brush. Once Kelly was satisfied with the coverage from that application, she used Skin Perfecter Concealer 420 under the eyes and for any blemishes that came through. She also used it to highlight under the eyes and the bridge of the nose.
3. Set her under eyes with 10 in the Every Finish Powder and the entire face with 50.
4. Use the Bodyography Essential Brow Trio, combing the lightest and medium shades, to fill in her eyebrows.
5. Then apply Sand Dune on the hollows of her cheek bone and the sides of her nose for a more defined and contoured appearance.
6. Use the eye-shadow trio Capri on her eyes. For this look, Kelly used a pink shimmer shade for the lids and then a taupe sparkling shadow in the crease and under the eye. She also applied Bodyography’s Brown Gel Eyeliner in Noir on her lash line on both top and bottom lids.
7. Going back to the apples of her cheeks, she warmed her up using sun kissed bronzer, applying there as well as on her forehead and chin.
8. Line the outside and corners of the lips with Heatherberry and top with Lux. Complete the look with Dramat-Eyes Mascara.