If your client loves green, but isn’t ready for Katy Perry’s slime green color, try this soft, multidimensional seafoam green, courtesy of BTC Facebook Fan Alyssa Wiener from Stylin’ Salon in Norwalk, CT. Inspired by the ocean as well as the northern lights, Alyssa wanted to bring these earthy tones to life in a fun, unique way. Minty green and blue pastel shades melt together with vivid emerald and blue to create this sea-inspired hue!
Formula A (Dark Blue): 1/2 oz. Pravana PASTELS Blissful Blue + 1/2 oz. Pravana VIVIDS Blue
Formula B (Emerald): 3/4 oz. Pravana VIVIDS Yellow + 1/4 oz. Pravana VIVIDS Green, diluted with conditioner
Formula C (Aqua): 1/2 oz. Pravana PASTELS Blissful Blue + 1/2 oz. Pravana VIVIDS Blue
+ a drop of Pravana VIVIDS Green, diluted with conditioner
Formula D (Lime Green): 1/2 oz. Pravana VIVIDS Yellow + a drop of Pravana VIVIDS Blue
Formula E (Mint Green): 1/2 oz. Pravana PASTELS Mystical Mint + a ribbon of Pravana VIVIDS Yellow
Formula F (Ice Blue): 1/2 oz. Pravana PASTELS Blissful Blue + with a drop of Pravana VIVIDS Blue
1. Separate the front from the back on prelightened hair.
2. Create an upside down triangle from the occipital down, leaving the back corners out. In that triangle apply Formula B, placing Formula A on the outer corners.
3. Create two more triangles from the occipital down to meet the dark blue, and apply Formula C, using Saran Wrap to separate the sections.
4. Create another upside down triangle from the apex to meet the occipital, and using diagonal forward sections, alternate Formulas D, C and B in 1-inch sections.
5. In the front, create two triangles from the ear to the temple, about 2 inches back and apply the Formula F.
6. Take 1-inch sections from the middle part until about 2 inches away from the hairline and alternate Formulas C, E and F.
7. For the thin, front section, apply Formula F with Formula E applied as the backdrop.
8. Wash with cold water and style.