How-To: Brass To Ash Blonde
How many times have your blondie babes sat in your chair and complained about their brassy color? We’re guessing its been more than a few. Dealing with brassy blondes has always been a common salon issue. But finally, there’s a solution, and thanks to Z.One Concept’s milk_shake Silver Shine Shampoo and Whipped Cream Conditioner you can officially kick the brass forever. Here’s a quick experiment/how-to for taking your beautiful blondes to an icy, iridescent shade.
Z.One Concept’s Director of Education, Brian Grieve and their North American Color Ambassador, Tammy Cox explain that using milk_shake Silver Shine Shampoo and/or the Whipped Cream Conditioner, can leave your client with a bunch of different results. Here, the team breaks down how your clients hair will look if you use the shampoo only, the conditioner only or both the shampoo and conditioner which results in the iciest of blonde tones. Check out their experiment below.
How-To: Kick The Brass
1. Tammy first explains that she brought her mannequin to a buttermilk blonde, a good starting point for really showing the effects the Silver Shine shampoo and conditioner can have.
2. Next, she sections the hair into quadrants in order to show every possibility when using the Silver Shine shampoo and conditioner. She leaves the first section as raw pigment in order to compare to the products’ effects on the next three sections.
3. In section 2, Tammy uses the Silver Shine Shampoo. To do so, she suggests dampening the hair, then subdividing it into three sections. Then, emulsify the product in your hands and begin working it into your client’s hair, saturating everything from roots to ends.
4. Work the shampoo through all three sections, adding more product as needed, then comb through. Keep on for three to five minutes, depending on the tone, then rinse.
5. On section 3, Tammy uses the Silver Shine Whipped Cream Conditioner. (This deposits slightly more pigment than the Silver Shine Shampoo.) Here, she takes small sections and sweeps the product through the hair working the midlengths and ends first, then moving to the scalp. After working through the entire section, she combs the product through, making sure there is even saturation.
6. In the last section, Tammy uses both the Silver Shine Shampoo and the Silver Shine Whipped Cream Conditioner. This allows for maximized results. To apply both products, she uses the same application process from steps 3, 4, and 5.
The Results: Quadrant 1 and 2
This is the first and second quadrant of the hair. In section 1, no Silver Shine product was added to the hair. In section 2, Tammy added Silver Shine Shampoo, resulting in a slightly less brassy, more ashy shade of blonde.
Quadrant 3 and 4
This is quadrant 3 and 4. In the third quadrant Tammy used the Whipped Cream Conditioner, creating less brass from both sections 1 and 2. In the final quadrant, both products were applied, resulting in a pearlescent blonde.
See the complete results in the video below!