Going Rose: Revisited
- Formula A (base):
Kenra Color 1/24n + 1/2 4rb + 20-volume developer
- Formula B (toning):
Kenra Color 1/4 8c + 1/4 7rr + 9-volume developer
You asked for it, so BTC got to work putting together another set of our favorite Rose Gold color formulas, straight from the stylists who always keep their fingers on the pulse of emerging trends—the BTC community! From pretty, punk and peach-pink Mohawks, to long and sleek gilded locks, here’s a roundup of your best Rose Gold interpretations!
Natural Level: 5 with 25% gray
Formula A (base): Kenra Color 1/24n + 1/2 4rb + 20-volume developer
Formula B (toning): Kenra Color 1/4 8c + 1/4 7rr + 9-volume developer
1. Apply Formula A to the hair, slightly blending the color out to create a shadow root effect. Monica had previously balayaged her clients hair five weeks prior to this appointment using Kenra Lightener + 20-volume.
2. Hand-paint a few more sections, this time highlighting closer to the base. “I had originally toned her with a pale rose gold,” notes Monica. “This time around I wanted to make her color bolder for fall.”
3. Process Formula A for 45 minutes, then wash and towel-dry the hair.
4. At the bowl, apply Formula B, saturating the hair roots to ends and process for 15 minutes, then wash, dry and style the hair.
1. On natural, Level 7 regrowth, apply ½ tube Schwarzkopf Professional IGORA ROYAL 7N + ½ tube Schwarzkopf Professional IGORA ROYAL 7-57 + ½ tube Schwarzkopf Professional IGORA ROYAL 6-7 + 1-inch ribbon Schwarzkopf Professional IGORA ROYAL 5-5 and feather down about halfway through the length.
2. Shampoo with Schwarzkopf Professional BLONDME + 30-volume developer and balayage from the bottom up. (note: Jamie added Olaplex (LINK) to all color since the client had some breakage in the front).
3. Tone the ends with Schwarzkopf Professional IGORA ROYAL equal parts 9.5-18 + 9.5-17 + 10-volume developer to create a golden tone to the prelightened hair.
4. After rinsing, gloss over the entire head at the shampoo bowl with 1 oz. Kenra Color (link) 6RR + 1 oz. Kenra Color 00 + ½ oz. KenraColor Demi-Permanent 8G, and process for about 8 minutes.
1. Perform a full highlight/balayage using LOGICS Light Reactions Powder Lightener + 30-volume developer until a Level 6 is achieved.
2. Tone using a mixture of 1 oz. each of Redken Shades EQ 7C, 6AA, Violet Kicker, Red Kicker, Orange Kicker and 9RB.
3. Process for 30 minutes, then rinse.
Redken and PRAVANA
Apply Redken Color Fusion 12Go GOLD / Orange + Redken Color Fusion 8Rv + 20-volume developer in between foils of Redken Flash Lift + 30-volume developer. Then apply PRAVANA PASTELS Too Cute Coral over the lightened pieces.
Apply 1 oz. Shades EQ Equalizing Conditioning Color Gloss 09Rb + 1 oz. Shades EQ 09V Platinum Ice Color Gloss + Shades EQ Red and Violet Kicker + processing solution.
Apply 1 oz. Color Touch /03 Natural Gold + ½ oz. Color Touch Relights /44 intense red + 6-volume developer.
Prelighten hair to a Level 9, then apply IGORA ROYAL PEARLESENCE in Coral.