Cream of the Crop: 3 Short and Sexy Golden Globe Styles
At the 2015 Golden Globes, it was the short hair styles that stole the show. From modern lobs to retro pixies styled in effortless waves or slicked back and mod, these styles prove that short hair is here to stay! Here are a few of our favorites from the night.
Sienna Miller’s Edgy Side-Swept Lob
Bombshell Sienna Miller was simply stunning in an embroidered Miu Miu gown. To offset the classic silk dress, she opted for a laid-back, youthful boho lob, and we’re willing to bet it will be one of your most client-requested looks of the season. Rodney Cutler, Redken Ambassador, Owner of Cutler Salons in NYC and StyleSeat Advocate, recreates the look, so you can master her edgy, side-swept lob.
Prep: Apply Redken Full Frame 07 All-Over Volumizing Mousse the roots of hair. Blow dry hair with a large round brush for extra volume.
1. Create a side part using a comb.
2. Divide hair into layered sections and start with the bottom pieces. To create these flowing, defined waves, start at the mid-lengths of the hair and curl using a 1” curling iron.
3. Separate curls with fingers to create loose waves.
4. Spray Redken Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Spray generously all over hair.
5. Tuck front piece of hair into waves on the right side and secure with bobby pins. Apply Redken Rewind 06 Pliable Styling Paste to ends of hair for definition.
Robin Wright’s Strong Sexy Style
This year’s Golden Globes were all about powerful and glamorous women, and nobody embodied the look more than House of Cards star Robin Wright. “Her two piece Ralph Lauren gown set the tone for her modern, sleek hair,” revealed Joico Celebrity Stylist Paul Norton, who coiffed the star for the awards for the second year in a row. “So we went for a look that combined glamour with an edgy, punk influence.”
1. Shampoo with Joico K-PAK Color Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner. (Before styling, Robin received a fresh haircut featuring closely cut side and back sections with lots of point cutting throughout the longer top section to encourage dramatic texture and movement).
2. Apply Joico Heat Set to damp hair and direct all strands forward as you dry them with a small Mason Pearson brush.
3. Mist about seven pumps of NEW Joico Hair Shake over the surface of the hair. Hair Shake goes on a liquid andturns into a powder—great for creating that cool, punk rock texture. Use your fingers to form piece-y texture throughout the lengths, keeping the fringe directed forward and slightly off to the side.
4. Apply Joico Texture Boost Dry Spray Wax on the edges for crisp definition, and finish with a strong hold hairspray.
Kristen Wiig’s Modern Crop
Kristen Wiig’s glamorous, off-the-shoulder dress was accompanied by a sophisticated short cut styled by Wella Professionals Celebrity Ambassador, Andy LeCompte. Andy gave her hair a slight wave in the front and sleek sides—a perfect pairing for her blunt blonde bob.
1. Start with freshly-washed hair using Wella Professionals LuxeOil Shampoo which helps nourish hair and add shine.
2. Spray a liberal amount of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Leave-In Conditioning Spray to damp hair and then comb through.
3. Blow dry the top section of hair using a small round brush and use a larger brush for the remaining hair.
4. Take the top section of hair and form into a pin curl, securing with a clip near the temple.
5. Once the pin curl has set, release the wave in the front of the head and mist with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray.
6. Dispense 1 to 2 pumps of Wella Professionals Pearl Styler into your hands and apply the primer to the entire head for a silky, sophisticated look.
7. Finish the look by lightly spraying hair with Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Spray to add shine and tame fly-aways.
Fashion Week Just Proved Hair Accessories Are Still 2019’s Biggest Beauty Trend
5 Hair Trends We Spotted At New York Fashion Week
Disco Texture Is New York Fashion Week’s Biggest Hair Trend (Literally)
Fashion Week: What It Takes To Work Backstage
WATCH: 5 Runway Quickies + Backstage Tips From Fashion Week
A Sam Villa Updo, Plus Cutting Curls and Bobs
Redken Symposium—Learn, Earn and Live Better
Sleek Fishtail Pony