4 Quick Techniques and Tips For Blowouts and Beachy Waves
When you nail your client’s style, you gain her loyalty! Check out these four quick techniques and tips from amika Global Artistic Director Naeemah LaFond to achieve a variety of styles that will suit almost any client. (Psstt…see Naeemah LIVE at COLOR, Cut & Style, Aug. 20-22 in Austin, Texas! Get your tickets here!)
Wavy Blowout: Technique and Tips
Don’t Forget The Cool Shot
- Use a 1-inch round brush and dryer to rotate the sections in toward the crown of the head and apply a cool shot of air to set the beachy wave.
- Cardinal rule: Always let the curls set, no matter the technique.
Breeze Through The Blowout
- Choose a lightweight dryer to move quickly through a packed schedule and reduce arm pain from all-day styling
- Try the Immortal Dryer from amika—it weighs less than 1 pound and its heat technology penetrates the hair’s cortex from the inside out
Silk Press: Technique and Tips
Go Sleek Quickly and Safely
- Get great end results with less heat by starting with amika Heat Defense serum—apply from roots to ends with a fine-tooth comb.
- Use the fine-tooth comb to guide the styler through the hair.
Curly Hair Craves Moisture
- Why does frizz happen? Because of dryness and damage! To avoid this, choose your tools wisely.
- The amika Confidante Styler is designed so hair will retain maximum moisture, making it easier to create sleek, healthy styles that last.
Undone Waves: Technique and Tips
Prep and Dry
- Set your style up for success—first, use amika Bombshell Blowout Spray for added grip.
- Blow-dry the product in so there’s no moisture in the hair.
Keep It Silky
- Achieve the “silk factor” with your styler! Try the Antidote Styler from amika.
- Insider tip: The amika team describes this tool as a “silk pillowcase for your styler”!
Curly Hair Blowout: Technique and Tips
Roots and Ends Are Most Important
- To avoid movement at the root and frizz on the ends of a curly-hair blowout, focus on getting a straight root and a smooth end.
Tame The Tresses
- The Accomplice Dryer is a stylist’s best friend—its 1800-watt AC motor delivers high heat so you can tame even the curliest of tresses.
The Tools To Get The Job Done
Notice a common factor between the styles? Every look was created with the tools from the new Armory Collection by amika. Complete with two dryers and two stylers, the line is designed to be your new, go-to secret weapon behind the chair.
9 of the Hottest Tools Launching Now!
Waves, Braids And Bobs: 5 How-Tos To Try This Summer
Viral Staircase Braid How-To
The Armory Collection
Textured Side Chignon
BTC “On Tour” LA 2017
7 Hair Cheats For Building Texture
Go Beyond The 3-Strand With These 5 Braiding Quickies
amika The Wizard
Go Hands-On With amika
amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
Half-Up Knot Braid
aimka Signature Room Fragrance
Triple Rx Shampoo from amika
Power Cloud Repair + Smooth Dryer from amika
Curled, Faux Bob