3 MORE Platinum Blonde How-tos
Norway has long been known as the land of beautiful scenery, and now we know why—just look at these flawless platinum color transformations from Julie Jakobsen (@juliejakobsenhair) of Glød Salon in Oslo, Norway. Truly. Breathtaking.
3 MORE Platinum
Norway has long been known as the land of beautiful scenery, and now we know why—just look at these flawless platinum color transformations from Julie Jakobsen (@juliejakobsenhair) of Glød Salon in Fredrikstad, Norway. Truly. Breathtaking.
Luckily, Julie is a huge fan of BTC, so she was more than happy to share some of her Scandinavian secrets with her friends across the pond! Here are a three MORE of our favorite white-hot formulas. Enjoy the view!
Formula A: 2 parts Wella Professionals Color Touch 10/6 + 1 part 10/0 + 1.9% (1:2)
1. Perform an Olaplex Stand Alone Treatment. “I like to use a cap for highlights when I do a stand alone treatment,” Julie notes.
2. Rinse and apply Formula A. Process for 15 minutes.
“This color was five weeks old and still looked great,” shares Julie. “My client takes great care of her hair. She uses Olaplex No.3 once a week and uses Oribe and Wella products. She only washes her hair 1 to 2 times a week. That’s the secret for retaining cool tones in the hair!”
Total Process Time: 1.5 hours
Total Price: $130
Formula A: Wella Blondor Lightening Powder + 6% developer (1:2) + 1/16 Olaplex No.1
Formula B: 15 ml Olaplex No.2 + one shot of Olaplex No.1
Formula C: Wella Blondor Lightening Powder + 6% developer (1:3)
Formula D: Wella Koleston Perfect 9/8 + Wella Koleston Perfect Pastel Cream Developer
Formula E: Wella Illumina 40g 9/ + 10g 9/60 + Wella Koleston Perfect Pastel Cream Developer
1. Apply Formula A to Natural Level 7 regrowth, making sure to saturate completely. Cover each finished section with plastic to avoid drying, then process for 20 minutes under low heat.
2. Apply Formula B to the lengths while the regrowth is processing.
3. Do not rinse! Apply Formula C. Work with the bleach to remove bonds and old color. Cover with plastic, and process for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Rinse and apply Formula D only to orange lengths, then process for about 10 minutes. “Make sure to neutralize the orange before you gloss!” notes Julie.
5. Gloss all over using Formula E. Finish with Olaplex No.2.
Total Process Time: 3.5 hours
Total Price: $380 for color + $47 for cut
Formula A: 20g 12/81 + 20g 12/96 + 10g 12/0 + 12% 1:2 + 1/16 Olaplex No.1
Formula B: 10g 12/81 + 10g 12/96 + 15g 12/0 + 9% 1:2 + a few drops of Olaplex No.1
1. Apply Formula A to regrowth, leaving out about 1/5 inch to avoid overlapping the previous color. Process for about 60 minutes with no heat.
2. Quickly apply Formula B at the shampoo bowl only to brassy areas. Process for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Rinse, apply Olaplex No.2 and process for 15 minutes. Shampoo using Oribe Gold Lust Repair & Restore Shampoo and apply Wella Service Haircare Colour Post Treatment for 5 minutes.
Total Process Time: 3 hours
Total Price: $330 for color + $69 for cut
Want more mesmerizing in-process videos? Add Julie on Snapchat: juliejakobsen93!