Message about The BTC Show Safety Protocols from behindthechair.com Founder Mary Rector
So, in order to make everyone feel as safe as possible at THE BTC SHOW, we will be requiring proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of your arrival at registration for THE BTC SHOW. We know…we get it. It’s a hassle. But, it’s truly the only way to hold the show to make our entire audience, artists and sponsors feel safe. Okay, so here’s the good news…
We are sending the test FREE to your home!
We are making it super easy to get tested by sending you a test to your house (for FREE)! Here are the details:
- Click here to sign up for Inspire Diagnostics, who is facilitating our testing. To ensure you receive your test in time, you must request your test by the evening of Friday, Aug. 13.
- Inspire Diagnostics will overnight a COVID-19 test to your address.
- Complete the test and send it back to Inspire Diagnostics in the included prepaid mailer.
- That’s it! Results are available 24 to 36 hrs from the time Inspire Diagnostics receives the test at the lab. You will receive your confidential test results via text and email.
- Remember: this is at no cost to you. It’s totally free and totally confidential.
Here are the dates you should take your at-home test from Inspire Diagnostics:
- Arriving Aug. 19: test only on Aug. 16
- Arriving Aug. 20: test only on Aug. 17
- Arriving Aug. 21: test only on Aug. 18
Rapid testing will also be available onsite if you are unable to get tested prior to coming to the show. These rapid results will be available in 15 minutes. Please understand that you must show a negative COVID-19 test to obtain your badge, wristband and goody bag ticket at the show.
If you would prefer to get tested prior to the show on your own, feel free to go to your primary care provider, Walgreens, CVS, etc. or wherever testing is available in your area. It is generally free.
Due to current events, we will also be strongly encouraging masks for all attendees, BTC employees, artists and sponsors at The BTC Show, however it is not mandatory. This is in line with current CDC guidelines.
We believe this is the most responsible way to host our show. We will do our best to make it as easy as possible for you to be safe. To promote everyone’s safety, please see the following:
- You must present proof of a negative COVID-19 test result obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of your arrival at The BTC Show at registration to obtain your badge, wristband and goody bag ticket. Due to the delta variant showing those who are vaccinated can still spread the virus, we are requiring EVERYONE to present a negative test, regardless of vaccination status. Again, click here to have a test sent to your home.
- Again, masks are highly recommended. Masks will be available to you at the show if you do not have your own.
- If you are experiencing COVID symptoms, please choose to not join us for The BTC Show. If you are a high-risk individual, consider your own health. Contact [email protected] to transfer your ticket to a digital ticket, or visit our Facebook group to sell your ticket.
- Please adhere to the JW Marriott’s safety protocols. Click here to see the robust safety measures you can expect at the JW Marriott Austin.
- Please continue to wash your hands often and limit close contact with other attendees when possible. There will be many hand sanitizer stations throughout the hotel.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this seemingly never-ending time. As the situation evolves, so will our approach to keeping you safe. We thank you for your understanding as we manage this, and we are truly looking forward to being together again very soon! Can’t wait to see you at our Family Reunion!
What is the JW Marriott’s cancellation policy?
Guests are required to book reservations with a credit card to guarantee the reservation, but will not be charged for rooms until their stay. For cancellation without penalty, you must cancel your reservation 72 hours prior to check-in. If you cancel your reservation within 72 hours of check-in, you will be charged for a one-night stay.
Limitation of Liability
You understand that by attending the BTC Show you are agreeing to assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting a communicable disease or illness—including, without limitation, exposure to COVID-19 or any other bacteria, virus, or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether that exposure occurs before, during, or after the BTC Show, and regardless of how caused or contracted—and you hereby waive, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any and all claims and potential claims against Behindthechair.com, Inc., the BTC Show venue, any BTC Show sponsor—and against any companies affiliated with Behindthechair.com, Inc., the BTC Show venue, or any BTC Show sponsor—relating to such risks, hazards, and dangers.