Wahl Professional Online Barber Battle Opens June 1
Online Barber Battle Opens June 1
Have you been waiting for a chance to put your barbering skills to test? Now you can when Wahl Professional launches their second Barber Battle on June 1! The best part? You don’t have to go anywhere because this friendly blade-to-blade contest takes place online. Oh, and the prizes for the top three winners doesn’t hurt either—keep reading for contest details, this year’s prizes and valuable advice to know before entering this year’s competition!
“Throughout this process, I have learned that you should never take for granted the opportunities presented to you,” shared Benny Machado, the 2017 Barber Battle Grand Prize Winner. “Never underestimate yourself and seize every opportunity!”
Watch the video below for a sneak peek of this year’s Barber Battle!
The Contest Details
- Entrants have from June 1 to June 29, 2018, to submit their videos. (Winners will be announced in September.)
- Video submissions must be between 15 to 18 minutes long.
- Before entering the Barber Battle, entrants must submit to be a Wahl Ambassador which can be done here!
- There is an entry fee of $75.
- Entrants must complete three cuts in their video submission: a classic bald fade, creative cut and their choice between a pompadour or a textured crop.
- Once the competition launches June 1, entrants can head to wahlbarberbattle.com to submit their video entries.
- For video submission requirements and the official Barber Battle rules, click here!
- The grand prize winner will receive a one-year membership on the Wahl Education and Artistic Team (W.E.A.T.) and the entire 5-Star line, valued at more than $1,200.
- The second place winner will be awarded a position in the new Wahl Select Barbers program, which is a new addition to this year’s battle.
- The top three winners will also receive notoriety on the Barber Battle website, and 1st through 10th place will all have their work showcased on Wahl’s social media channels.
Words Of Advice
- “Don’t think about it too much,” said Benny. “Just go for it, be smart on your model selection. Don’t take this opportunity for granted.”
- “Study the rules and hire a videographer (or use a good camera) to showcase your cuts in high quality,” offered Aaron Flick, Senior Marketing Associate, Professional Division, Wahl Clipper Corporation.
- “Battling isn’t about winning or losing. It’s about showcasing your ability,” said Andrew Rosario, the 2017 Barber Battle second place winner. “In our industry, there are so may components that can change—your haircutting capabilities, hair texture, everything that goes into cutting. It’s really about letting people know what you bring to the table.”
- And don’t wait until the last minute to submit. Need more incentive to get those video submissions created/entered early? The first 10 full video submissions will receive a new Wahl 5 Star Retro T-Cut!
For more information about this year’s Barber Battle, visit wahlbarberbattle.com.
Need some inspiration before you prepare your entry? Click here for advice from last year’s top three winners PLUS see their winning video submissions!