Beauty Changes Lives Kicks Off Mentorship Matters
Beauty Changes Lives is uniting some of the beauty industry’s greatest names and educators to pay their success forward. Mentorship Matters is channeling elite coaching from some of the industry’s most accomplished educators and artists across North America via IG Live events.
The first Mentorship Matters IG Live brought together Sam Villa Director of Education Andrew Carruthers (@andrew.carruthers) and Bellus Academy Creative Director Emanuel San Martin. On August 26, 150 hairstylists tuned in for lessons gleaned from inspiring career journeys. Next up is an October 16 Mentorship Matters IG Live with Tigi Artist and SalonCentric Ambassdor Jen Planck (@jenplanck) and Bellus Academy’s Zoie Rose McClouskey (@zoierose).
For a more personalized coaching experience, hairstylists can apply to win one-on-one coaching consults delivered by some of the industry’s top talent, including Andrew, Emanuel, Jen, Zoie and the following artists and educators:
- Brendnetta Ashley (@edgypynkgirl), National Artistic Educator, Salon by Instyle
- Chris Baran (@coachchrisbaran), Redken Artistic Director of Education
- Carly Rae Coady (@carlyraecoady), Director of Education, Local Honey Salons
- Julz Coda (@julzcoda) and Liz Diaz (@shearhands), Estetica editors and co-founders of Beyond Beauty School
- Matty Conrad (@mattyconrad), Founder of Victory Barber & Brand
- Nora Dababneh (@noradababneh), Cosmoprof Artist and Salon Owner
- Felicia Febo (@lici_ladybarber), Paul Mitchell & Andis Educator
- Theresa Miulli (@theresamiulli), Director of Education, Sunstate Academy
- Galyna Poczciwinski (@ufirami), Ulta Beauty Design Team Member
- Ingrinette Pope (@stylistinge), Wella and Clairol Artist
Licensed professionals can apply for one on one coaching experiences here. “One of the things that makes beauty such an amazing business is the generosity and desire to pay one’s success forward to help others,” says Lynelle Lynch, President of Beauty Changes Lives. “As judges select scholarship awardees, we see time and again that people enter this industry because they want to help others—and this desire to give back extends to helping other beauty professionals—and that’s really a beautiful thing.”
Mentorship Matters is dedicated to strengthening licensed professionals across their career. Brands and professionals share an objective to unite the industry, build community and help beauty professionals achieve their career goals.