Aveda Celebrating 40th Anniversary At Congress 2018
Aveda Congress 2018: Know What We’re Made Of, a global celebration in honor of the craft of hairdressing and the Aveda network, will take place Oct. 6-9 in Minneapolis, Minn., the global headquarters of Aveda. It’s a four-day event that recognizes top talent, inspires and educates with technical and creative presentations and fosters a deep sense of connection to Aveda’s heritage of distinctive artistry and social responsibility.
This year’s Aveda Congress honors the brand’s 40th anniversary through the multi-faceted theme of Know What We’re Made Of. The theme takes a cue from the new brand campaign “Know What You’re Made Of,” with the idea to dive deeper into the Aveda network and learn what the fans, followers and Aveda artists are made of. And while Congress supports the Aveda network, the event is open to all beauty professionals worldwide.
Highlights of Aveda Congress 2018 to include:
- Global Aveda Jam—Sip on your favorite cocktail while watching talented Aveda artists from all over the world share their artistic and technical excellence while a DJ spins in an energetic nightclub atmosphere.
- The Mainstage Shows—Aveda artists and hairdressing teams from across the globe will present technical artistic presentations that showcases their excellence in their chosen craft while providing incredible educational showcases.
- Technical Workshops and Ateliers—Hands-on workshops with Aveda Global Artistic team members and leading Aveda educators that will cover haircutting, styling, color, makeup and more. Educators include:
- The Aveda Global Artistic Team of Ian Michael Black, Ricardo Dinis, Allen Ruiz, Bea Watson and Janell Geason
- Van Council, owner of Van Michael Salons
- Masa Honda, Leader of the Aveda Japan Creative Team
- The Aveda Australia Hairdressing Team
- Jon Reyman, Aveda guest artist, salon owner and New York Fashion Week lead stylist and many more.
- Evening Performance—Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders will present her always iconic and legendary evening performance, an artistic feast for the eyes. Encompassing visionary elements of hair mastery as presented through an extraordinary theatrical presentation, the evening performance also includes technical tips in haircutting throughout.