GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
Ulta Beauty takes great pride in continually searching for passionate beauty lovers, with unique qualities and skills, to join
our team. We invite you to submit your application as we may have positions open now or in the near future, depending
on current business needs.
Under direct supervision, consults with customers on their hair needs, recommends professional hair care services and
products. A Designer (Hairstylist) delivers quality technical service with emphasis on the customer’s total look and is
responsible for building a request client base through referrals and utilizing promotional materials available, while
following all company policies and procedures. Must be 18 years to apply.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
• Perform hair services including hair design, haircuts, color, texture, hair treatments, makeup applications, and
ear piercing (where applicable).
• Acknowledge and greet all Guests and offers friendly, prompt, and courteous service.
• Utilize product prescriptions sheets to prescribe professional salon products to all salon guests.
• Meet or exceed all individual sales and productivity goals.
• Attend all ULTA mandatory educations events and workshops.
• Assist in store duties (e.g., filling Salon retail displays and shelves.)
• Adhere to ULTA Salon standards for guest service and cleanliness.
• Adhere to salon dress code, changing hair color and style frequently.
Experience we are looking for:
• Cosmetology diploma, no relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work
• Cosmetology license.
• Proficiency with latest salon techniques.
• Proficiency with use of equipment needed to perform technical work.
• Developed communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
• On a regular basis, requires the ability to walk.
• On a regular basis, requires the ability to reach with hands and arms.
• On a regular basis, requires the ability to stand for a minimum of 4 hours.
• On a regular basis, requires the ability to lift and/or move 50 lbs.
• On an occasional basis, requires the ability to climb a ladder and balance.
• On a frequent basis, requires the ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.