Workforce Educator- Cosmetology
Ranked by BestColleges.com and Niche.com as the #1 community college in New Jersey, Raritan Valley Community College has been serving as an academic and cultural center for Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for 50 years. The College has been nationally recognized for its service to the community, environmental stewardship, and commitment to diversity. It is home to a Planetarium, Science Education Institute and 3M Observatory, a 1,000-seat Theatre, an Honors College for high achieving students and much more. The College offers more than 90 associate degrees and certificates, as well as career training, small business assistance through the Small Business Development Center, professional development, and adult and youth personal enrichment courses. RVCC is located at 118 Lamington Road in Branchburg, NJ. For further information, visit www.raritanval.edu.
Workforce Educator- Cosmetology
Raritan Valley Community College has an anticipated opening of Workforce Educator, Cosmetology. The Workforce Educator for the Cosmetology Program primary function is to deliver high quality training in hard and soft skills that prepares students for long-term employment success, to perpetually improve quality of lessons while ensuring curriculum remains aligned with industry standards per advisory board, to assess students’ progress per industry-validated standards in an accurate, consistent, and timely manner, to assist Program Coordinator with curricular updates and other departmental tasks, to attend the Cosmetology department meetings as well as industry and recruitment events as needed.
· Develop and deliver engaging and high-quality noncredit instruction.
· Ensure all graduates have met all competencies at the level deemed appropriate by Industry.
· Consistently model and expect exemplary soft skills from students.
· Consistently present a professional image as aligned with industry standards.
· Adapt teaching style to meet the needs of diverse learners. Ensure proper safety in classroom.
· Ensure that all students have clear understanding of program requirements.
· Ensure that the students are effectively progressing in their program. Expend additional efforts for lagging students.
· Assist in hiring of staff, student recruitment and curricular as needed.
· Assist Program Coordinator with departmental tasks.
· Actively participate in department and college-wide meetings.
· Ensure academic and attendance records are accurate and current. Maintain any records required by state. Gather data as needed in a timely fashion.
· Keep essential professional certifications current.
· Ensure facilities are maintained and willingness to participate in other duties as assigned.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume/vita and unofficial transcripts online
Initial salary and rank will be based on the successful candidate’s educational qualifications and professional experience. The College also offers an attractive employee benefits package.
We regret that we are unable to respond individually to each application. Applicants chosen for further consideration will be contacted directly.
Raritan Valley Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer. We will implement the policy to assure that the employment opportunities offered at the institution are available to all persons.
Requirements: · Professional licensing as required by the state of New Jersey. Stay current with state of the Industry. Must attend 15 hours of professional development annually. · Equivalent of at least 7 years of full-time experience working in the industry is required. · Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal communication skills required with strong verbal and written skills. Ability to manage multiple projects, multiple deadlines. · Flexibility with schedule to cover evening and weekend as necessary. · Understanding of and commitment to the College's mission of service to the community. · Program desires team player who can adapt to change and has a passion for helping students find long-term success through employment. · Bachelor's degree preferred. · Prior experience as a teacher/trainer preferred.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://rvcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=105853 →