Performs a variety of barbering services at a main, branch or location haircare facility for authorized military and civilian personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides barbering hair care services for clients which include shampooing and conditioning, cutting, shaping sideburns, nape of neck, middle and top part of the head into various haircuts and styles to suit client; shaves face, styles mustache and beard. Massages neck, face and scalp. Checks client’s scalp and hair for visible disorders such as sores, abrasions, diseases which might interfere with requested barbering services. Consults with client on matters pertaining to their hair care needs.
– Maintains combs in solution and sanitizes equipment in chemical or physical agent. Responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of designated work station and shop. Makes necessary preparations for shampoo and towels to be used to minimize delay of customer services.
– Makes minor repairs on equipment such as replacing switches, plugs and cords, etc.
– Operates cash register; prepares hair care chits, collects and accounts for cash received from clients; balances daily sales using Salesperson’s Daily Cash Report. Sells hair care products to clients and maintains Daily Appointment Book by name of client, time and Stylist/Barber assigned. May open and close shop. Assists with monthly inventory.
– Carries out policy of courtesy and customer service. Ensures 100% client satisfaction.
– Works under the general supervision of a designated supervisor. Carries out assignments with independence within prescribed policies and procedures, exercises tact in dealing with clients. Work is reviewed in terms of quality of services provided and client satisfaction achieved.
– Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires continual use of both arms and legs which involves frequent standing, reaching and light lifting. Objects handled, such as beauty service apparatus, appliances, etc., seldom weigh in excess of 5 pounds. Dexterity is required in applying manual techniques.
Work is performed inside a haircare facility with proper lighting, sufficient plumbing and heating, adequate aisle space, strong water pressure, plenty of hot water, adequate electric power and outlets for appliances and apparatus. Incumbent is subject to the possibility of cuts, burns, strains and electric shock; and is exposed to hair cuttings, skin conditions, common colds and communicable diseases. Is required to wear a smock; wash hands thoroughly and frequently with soap and water; sanitize barbering tools after each use.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Graduate of an accredited school of barber culture or cosmetology and possession of a valid State License in Barbering or cosmetology.