HAIR APPRENTICE (PART-TIME)
MaxXimized Hair Studio is looking for a Part-Time Hair Apprentice who is eager to learn the integrity of hairstyling and work alongside a dedicated team that values an exceptional salon experience, while ensuring beautiful and healthy hair goals.
If you have a passion for hairdressing and are seeking a positive and professional team environment to flourish, we want to meet you!
The Hair Apprentice is responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly salon environment and assisting the Salon Owner with ensuring our clients have a seamless salon experience from the moment they walk through our doors. Training is provided.
Primary Job Functions:
- Assist with the flow of clientele, including greeting clients upon arrival and performing mandatory COVID prevention procedures i.e., temperature checking
- Communicate with salon owner and stylists about guest arrival and keep them informed of any schedule changes.
- Perform preparational services, including shampooing, conditioning, deep treating, detangling, blowing out, and braid downs.
- Ensure clients are comfortable throughout their appointment, offer refreshments and/or any snacks available.
- Serve as a social media manager, capture short video clips and post on salon social media accounts.
- Support in the organization of inventory counts, receiving orders and restocking supplies
- Maintain sanitized tools and clean work environment following the latest guidelines provided by the City and State of New York and the CDC.
- Shadow stylists throughout the workday to learn organizational systems and processes
Professional and friendly demeanor
Customer service oriented
Impeccable communication skills
Attention to detail
Serious about learning and developing their skills as a beauty industry professional
Qualifications & Experience:
Applicants should have a valid NYS cosmetology license (or temp license.)
At-least one-year experience
Able to work a part-time schedule that includes weekends