Jean Madeline Aveda Institute is seeking professional, polished, and dedicated PA State Licensed Cosmetology Instructors for our Philadelphia locations!
Instructors play a key role in the success of our Jean Madeline Aveda Institutes. They educate and guide students, ensuring a complete understanding of curriculum and protocols mandated by our institute, state, or federal policies.
This position is full time with a schedule of Tuesday to Saturday 8:30am to 5pm. Evening shifts are required at some locations. Part-time with Saturday availability will also be considered. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide all team members Paid Time Off and offer 401(k). For full-time, we also provide Holiday pay and offer many optional benefits including medical, dental, and disability insurance.
Summary of Essential Job Functions (including but not limited to)
- Uphold the Jean Madeline Mission and Values
- Assist each student, according to that student’s learning process, with understanding and successful application of technical and theoretical information
- Coach and mentor students on attendance, personal development, professional development, program retention, business goals and other personal and/or educational challenges
- Maintain guest satisfaction and ensure guest servicing is consistent with educational standards
- Provide and promote a positive learning environment for the student body
- Remain current with established standards for student performance and responsible for explaining, upholding and enforcing all student conduct and behavior
- Maintain students’ records as required
- Regularly improve teaching skills through continued growth
- Pull daily and monthly student reports
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Active Cosmetology Instructor license required
- Salon industry experience a plus
- Previous teaching experience at a Cosmetology School a plus, but not required
- Previous experience with Aveda products/services/curriculum a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills
- Leadership and role model capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain composure and thrive in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Polished, professional image
- Knowledge of Aveda, a plus
Jean Madeline Inc. has been an industry leader for 90 years by creating exceptional experiences through education, wellness and dedication, in our institutes, spas, salons & the beauty industry.
Please view our websites to learn more about our organization at www.jeanmadeline.com
To apply for this job email your details to Nikki D'Souza: firstname.lastname@example.org