Hiring for a Full-Time, Full-Service Hair Colorist Stylist
Hair Care is hiring a full-time hair colorist contractor for its location on Capitol Hill in NE, DC Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Here, you will actively provide all hair service offerings including but not limited to all over color, roots treatment, roots and gloss treatment, balayage highlights and toning glaze treatment while selling products, and conducting consultations, and cutting, styling, shampoo and blow out services. This role is critical to our clients’ experience and supports navigating clients throughout their on-site visit.
We need you to:
· Deliver a positive client experience resulting in positive feedback and future client engagement
· Model hospitality, sales and service behaviors in all interactions and communications with clients.
· Recommend appropriate hair color, care, and services to clients leading to achieving and exceeding clients’ expectations
· Exhibit a positive and collaborative approach across all interactions with clients, team members, vendors, and guests.
· Show basic skill-set for layered cuts, clipper cuts, and basic color application
· Be familiar or learn Goldwell Color
· Pay booth rental monthly
· Maintain cleanliness and aesthetic appeal of your work-station
· Aid team members in need
· Respect client requests and time
· Attend and actively participate in trainings and team meetings
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, team members will regularly stand/walk for four consecutive hours or more at a time; regularly bend and twist at the waist, perform continuous repetitive movement with fingers, hands, wrists and arms, reach with hands and arms, speak, see, hear, and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May on occasion sit, kneel, stoop, crouch, and lift/push/pull up to 25 pounds.
· We offer EXCELLENT COMMISSION (100% of revenue paid out on a monthly basis, 10% is due in booth rent)
· You do not have to bring any products. Hair Care supplies these and there are no hidden back bar fees
· Work full-time, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
· Portfolio of VIP clients
· Free professional development
To be hired you must
· Have 5-10 years of experience
· Hold Current Barber or Cosmetology License in DC, MD, or VA
· Love working with a diverse group of people
· Pass background check
· Undergo an interview and hair assessment
· Possess outstanding hospitality, communication, and problem solving and teamwork skills
· Be able to multitask in a high energy, fast paced environment.
· Have mobile device, computer skills and POS (Point of Sale) system experience.
· Display a strong desire to invest in ongoing professional development
Application Submission Guidelines
To apply, email the following
1. Resume with experience
Must have 5-10 years of experience Current Cosmetology License in DC, MD, or VA Must love working with a diverse group of people Must pass background check Must do an interview and hair assessment