Ask a curly person about their hair and they’ll tell you about their life. They’ll tell you about their childhood, their family, their friends, and the way they see themselves in the mirror. For the past two decades, these are the conversations that have been at the center of everything we do.
It’s curly, it’s complicated, it’s fun, and we get it. That’s why all our products are inspired by our community. It’s why we keep our ingredients simple—everything curls need and nothing they don’t. And it’s why our stylists don’t just create amazing curls, they teach you how to create them on your own. Because at the end of the day, we believe in the very simple idea that people should love their unique curls in their own way.
We are excited to add a Salon Apprentice to our growing team. Ideal candidates will be motivated, hard-working, professional, and ambitious with a passion for creating a remarkable client experience by assisting both the stylists and clients. People-oriented with good communication skills and willingness to learn.
Who you are:
- Must hold a New York State Cosmetology License or temporary license
- Previous salon experience a plus
- Previous customer service experience a plus
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and some holidays
- Must have a passion for the Beauty Industry
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 20 lbs. and stand for prolonged periods of time
What you’ll do:
- Assist all Stylists and Colorists in attending to client’s needs
- Provide excellent client service including greeting clients in the waiting area, taking coats and offering beverages, escorting and seating clients at stylist’s stations
- Service clients with cleansing, conditioning treatments, setting and finishing, applying color
- Perform a variety of tasks related to assisting salon operations
- Clean and maintain all stations, dispensary, shampoo area, floors
- Sanitize high touch areas as outlined in the daily duties log
- Maintain and uphold safety standards
- Be fully knowledgeable on full product line for discussion with clients during and after service
- Support virtual consultations with clients as scheduled
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and work rule requirements
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings and training sessions
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team in a salon environment
- Excellent time management skills, good judgment and ability to multi-task
- Other duties as assigned by Managers
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional products and experiences DevaCurl is renowned for. Our dynamic Devas have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.lever.co/devacurl/11432dc4-9646-405d-adea-cd669cc0e30e →