Reports to: The Academy Director/Lead Barbering Educator
Scope and General Purpose of Position:
The Barbering Educator is a role model for all staff and students and must demonstrate a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. This position understands all staff that teaches within the Barbering Department work as a team and that everyone upholds the educational standards and policies of the school.
1. Support theory and practical classes in an organized, prepared fashion. Follow basic curriculum, Best In Business and Financial Literacy curriculum.
2. Actively seek out models for all mandatory training.
3. Ensure clinic and classrooms meet sanitation requirements and that students participate in keeping their work areas clean and hazard free.
4. Maintaining student records pertinent to their area, i.e., recording of grades, progress reports, advisory sessions, maintains and submits documentation to manager.
5. Assist in monitoring attendance and determines that students are in uniform at all times.
6. Promote the school’s products and services, teaches and reinforces proper consultation skills.
7. Assist in maintaining inventory and monitor supply usage.
8. Provide a professional atmosphere on the clinic floor and in the classroom.
9. Follow Guidelines for success.
10. Keep Department Head informed on all student concerns and issues. Maintain good communication with other staff members.
11. Attend all school and departmental staff meetings and training sessions as required.
12. Satisfy continuing education requirements per the NACCAS policy. Voluntarily attend outside classes that contribute to the overall effectiveness of the instructors. Determine that copies of certificates are submitted to the school’s personnel file.
– Technical Skills
– Gentlemen’s Facials
– Clipper Cuts
Interpersonal Skills – Focus on solving conflict and Maintain confidentiality. Listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control.
Oral Communication – Educators can be asked to teach classes and demonstrate, under a Manager/Director supervision, through each phase. This will allow them to be evaluated in their presentation skills as well as check for understanding of the curriculum.
Written Communication – Maintain all evaluation forms and checklists consistent with model requirements.
Teamwork – Balance team and individual responsibilities. Remain objective and open to views of others. Encourage a positive team spirit & put success of team above individual interests. Able to build morale and group commitments to achieve goals and objectives; support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Professionalism & Ethics– Treat people with respect. Keep commitments; Inspire trust of others; Work with integrity and ethically. Uphold values of the organization.
Organizational Support – Maintain a well organized curriculum binder with all model evaluations, consultation sheets and checklists; accessible at all times for evaluation and training purposes. Follow school policies and procedures; support company goals and values.
Planning and Organizing – Prioritize and plan work activities; Use time efficiently.
To carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Minimum of 1 year licensed as a Barber 2. Minimum of 6 months salon/spa experience