Beauty Bus Foundation
ABOUT THE COMPANY: Beauty Bus Foundation (Beauty Bus) delivers dignity through beauty and grooming services and compassionate support to seriously ill patients and their caregivers. During non-COVID times, Beauty Bus accomplishes our mission through:
• Pop-Up Salons: Beauty Bus creates Pop-Up Salons where our clients receive a variety of complimentary beauty and grooming services in a setting that promotes support and serenity.
• Beauty Series: Beauty Bus provides consistent beauty and grooming services to patients and caregivers at partner hospitals and health centers on a weekly or monthly basis.
• Bag of Beauty Program: Beauty Bus gives complimentary Bags of Beauty filled with pampering products to remind our clients that they deserve to look and feel beautiful.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: The Beauty Professional provides beauty and grooming services to clients to support the Beauty Bus mission.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: This position performs services at various work locations throughout the Great Los Angeles area. Regular work hours are from Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm. Weekend and evening work may be required.
CLASSIFICATION: The position is a part-time hourly non-exempt employee of Beauty Bus, is employed at-will, and reports directly to the Managing Director. As a non-exempt employee, the Beauty Professional must receive pre-approval in writing to work more than 40 hours in any given week and 8 hours on any given day. As an employee of Beauty Bus, the Beauty Professional is subject to the policies and procedures outlined in the Employee Handbook.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Attend and serve as Beauty Professional for Beauty Series and events at various locations by providing one or more services: Hair, Nail, Esthetic, Makeup Services, and/or Grooming Services to seriously ill patients and their caregivers. Beauty Bus haircuts are performed on clean, spritzed hair and does not involve washing, coloring, or highlighting. Esthetics does not include extractions.
Be understanding, and responsive to issues of individuals and caregivers dealing with serious illnesses.
Review and maintain inventory and organize beauty supplies and products at Beauty Series locations.
Assist in the coordination and execution of Pop-Up Salon events.
If directed, provide guidance and support to Beauty Professionals at events.
Attend occasional meetings and trainings and assist in trainings and continuing education of Beauty Professionals as needed.
Drive “Beauty Bus” van as needed for company business.
Comply with Occupational Safety and Health Standards (OSHA) and the Organization’s safety practices to ensure a safe environment for patients, staff, and caregivers.
· Comply with standards and practices as designated by the California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.
· Additional duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Experienced and Licensed Cosmetologist or Barber in good standing, able to provide one or more services: Hair, Nail, Esthetic, and/or Makeup services.
Passion for Beauty Bus work and mission.
Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a high level of initiative, accuracy, and attention to detail.
· Must be non-judgmental and able to respect different cultural/religious values and lifestyles.
· Demonstrate the highest level of personal and ethical standards.
· Positive attitude with a customer service mindset, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to relate and interact with a diverse clientele.
· Must be a self-starter and able to identify initial and next steps needed.
· Demonstrated oral communication skills.
· Excellent organization skills with the ability to multi-task.
· Flexible and strong desire to learn.
· Exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently.
· Be comfortable navigating responsibilities with limited direction among multiple stakeholders.
· Ability to pass hospital health screening and protocols.
● Licensed Cosmetologist or Barber in good standing
● Experience providing services that include: Hair, Nail, Esthetic, and/or Makeup services.
● Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a high level of initiative, accuracy, and attention to detail.
● Clean driving record, current driver’s license, and proof of automobile insurance.
● Must have personal vehicle.
● Must be up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations.
● Bilingual a plus – Spanish and English.
Beauty Bus Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the California Consumer Reporting Agencies Act and Los Angeles’s Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Beauty Bus Foundation encourages all applicants to apply and seeks to hire qualified staff who reflect the rich diversity of the communities we serve. We define diversity in broad terms to include race, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, geography, socio-economic status and other unique attributes that make us who we are.
To apply for this job email your details to Bonnie Kleiger: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply using webmail: Gmail / AOL / Yahoo / Outlook