Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Taylor Mohler

Hello! i live in NJ where the virus has a good amount of cases. Wondering for us in the service industry when is it ok to call it quits and close the salon?

Mary Rector-Gable

We think it’s whenever you feel that you are no longer safe. How are you feeling right now? How many cancelations have you had?

kate kuhn

I know it would be terrible for business but I can’t beleive there’s not more talk about closing salons, it is making me horribly anxious

Angela Wigen

I’m wondering the same and I’m in Wisconsin. We have 19 cases, 3 of which are in my small town. I’m immune compromised and do not feel comfortable working on clients. Yet closing salons doesn’t seem to be a thought on anyone’s mind yet. Everyone seems more concerned about keeping business while I’m more worried about my health than about losing money or clients.

Iris c

I’m a salon owner and I’m staying open. We are just following very strict cleaning procedures similar to what we have already because we are germ a phobes. My shop is a small one with only me and two other girls. We asked clients to not bring extra guests and if they are unwell to call and cancel or reschedule. We sanitize after each client wipe everything down and wash hands before and after each client. I’m cleaning everything including garbage cans and light switches and door handles and the arms of our chairs. Hopefully these tips help some of y’all out there I’ll love looking out for more tips. I always say you can’t let what you hear scare you to the point that you suffer and are scared to leave your house. We are Jersey Strong! We got this!!

peachdeyycdt05

Hey!! From NJ too. What are you guys doing? We were shut down as of 8pm on 3/19.
      I’m a w-2 employee. Anyone else out there?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.