Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Behindthechair.com

State By State Discussion: This is where you can post any questions or topics relevant to beauty professionals in the state of Massachusetts.

Sacha Arenas

Hi, do we know what massachussetts salons are lookin like for next week?😬

Prlexi21

Quincy got shut down March 20th till further notice

Sacha Arenas

Thanks, what source did you find that out from? So I can keep a look out for my town

tammy russell

I rent a booth in Chelmsford, we have 3 confirmed cases in town. As much as I don’t want to be out of work, I really wish Gov Baker would close hair/nail/tattoo shops to name a few. You CANNOT perform your job within 6 feet. Period 🙄

Cathy Ste. Marie

I really don’t wanna post this but, realistically my gut says we won’t be back working till JULY! Hoping President will announce Disaster Unemployment Declaration…. then I become eligible for unemployment assistance. 🙏

Linda Frazier Belli

Hi from Cape Cod!! It’s Easter and I see there are no new posts for awhile.
      Back the middle of last year I was forced to get a 1099, instead of the owner taking taxes out. This was disheartening! I still have to follow the rules of the salon and I always clean up and keep the salon looking great as MY clients have to see it. It’s a small place. She had two other employees but they quit last year and that’s when I was told. As for now, I feel like I have been screwed. I know Gov. Baker is waiting for the Fed. To come up with a plan for us, self-employed Stylist’s. Anyone else in the same boat?

Linda Frazier Belli

Also, I was under the assumption that owners couldn’t use a 1099 since 2005. I checked the laws regarding this and it’s not a straight forward rule.

Behindthechair.com

Hi! If you’re looking for information on when your state is allowing salons to reopen, check out our State-By-State Guide For Salon Reopenings. We will be constantly updating this page for new developments.

Your State by State Guide for Salons Reopening

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.