BTC STYLIST FORUM READ THIS FIRST! Welcome! I need information. Please!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeannete Flores

I have years working at the same hair salon. We started with 10 employees to recently 6 but technically 3 because the other are the boss’s children(side job). We’ve always gotten paid in personal checks and cash and we get 1099 misc.

We are a busy hair salon/barber shop. We enjoy being here. Our boss is flexible with us and turn the basement and back yard a space for our kids when we HAD no choice but to bring them(her future barbers).

But that’s it. We have no vacation, no benefits, nothing. We are strictly commissioned based.

We thought we were getting the upper hand but we caught up with our old co workers and told us “open your eyes, get out there is so many options out there.”

We been so comfortable and felt like family. I feel so foolish.

One of our client owns a restaurant where they sell tamales. She recently got her employees paid vacation and getting them into a 401k.

Ive under value myself and I never knew it. I am asking for help. What should I do? Should demand more or get my own salon? And what should I demand for anyways?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.