BTC STYLIST FORUM Salon Owner Coronavirus Discussion If it is mandatory for salons to close do you still charge booth renters? Reply To: If it is mandatory for salons to close do you still charge booth renters?

Tristine Burnside

I have a new one…In March of 2019 I signed 7 leases with 7 new stylists and because they were from a salon that closed I gave them 1 complimentary month = $750.00 x 7, bought new trolleys carts and business cards. I spent $5,500.00 to add a room to my salon/spa for the nail technician plus 1 complimentary month and of course trolley cart and business cards. The reason I invested is because they had been at the other salon for 25 years and they want to play out their retirement in my space. Calculate what I gave= good? or bad decision?. Well when the virus hit they decided amongst themselves without conversing with me that they would only pay half lease, even though that is a violation of their lease.

I can’t seem to get past the fact that this is a business coup. I am really angry because if they had spoken to me I probably would have given more that what they together decided. 15 of them against me the salon/spa owner…

Please give feed back from stylist point and also owner….Thank you!