BTC STYLIST FORUM Salon Owner Coronavirus Discussion If it is mandatory for salons to close do you still charge booth renters? Reply To: If it is mandatory for salons to close do you still charge booth renters?

Adriana Marquez

I live in California we were one of the first counties who received shelter in mandate. Now all of California has received it. I rent at a large salon. The current mandate is set for 3 weeks. It sucks negative over $3,000. But rent due at the beginning of April is still doable. The problem will be if this gets extended where it seems most likely to have a full month with no work at the salon & still have to pay just doesn’t feel fair! The owner tried to clean her hands by leaving up to anyone who still want to work (which some of my coworkers probably will) but it’s socially irresponsible & a misdemeanor crime! You will get fined or jail time ppl it’s no joke. In my county it was stated that no one could be evicted for failure of payment so idk if this would apply to booth renters but I’m sure it applies to owners so wouldn’t it be right to then pass down that relief to everyone??