BTC STYLIST FORUM Salon Owner Coronavirus Discussion If it is mandatory for salons to close do you still charge booth renters? Reply To: If it is mandatory for salons to close do you still charge booth renters?

Olivia Liberti

I own a booth rent salon. I love my girls and realize we are all in this together. But at the same time, the salon has bills that need to be payed so we all have a place to work when this is all over.

I went through and cut out all unnecessary costs (cleaning services, supplies, retail product etc.) and only added up the absolutely necessary bills that need to be payed to keep the salon afloat.

After getting that number I went through and averaged out each stylist rent check to me for each month and then figured up the percentage that each stylist contributes to the total average rental income each month.

Basically I was able to cut everyone’s rent payment to me in half based off of those percentages. All of the girls were super excited and thankful to have some sort of relief and solution to this.

I also told them that when we are able to go back to the salon that I won’t charge them for any extra days they need to be in the salon to make up for lost time. Whatever that time frame will be.

Hope this helps someone!