BTC STYLIST FORUM Salon Owner Coronavirus Discussion If it is mandatory for salons to close do you still charge booth renters? Reply To: If it is mandatory for salons to close do you still charge booth renters?

Jennifer Daviduk

Not really sure what to do. I feel that if we can be open, as a booth renter I should pay if I choose to be out. But if he government mandates the closure and I am unable to go in and earn money, how am i expected to be able to pay? If it’s not my choice. I understand the owners have to pay, but that is part of the owners risk, is it not? If i get $ from unemployment, i would be ok paying some of it. My rent is more than I would get and I have 2 kids to feed. I was told I wouldn’t have a chair to come back to either way if I chose not to pay. Also been there 11 yrs paying top $ for the area. Was scolded by an owner for not being prepared for a pandemic. Then told if we dont pay them, they cant pay the bill’s either. Seems like we are in the same boat, and they are not prepared either. I pointed that out. If I can’t get money, I can’t pay you. I need to keep $ for me too. Was told it was not her problem.