BTC STYLIST FORUM Hairdresser Coronavirus Discussion ARE YOU PLANNING TO SHUT DOWN YOUR SALON/SUITE? Reply To: ARE YOU PLANNING TO SHUT DOWN YOUR SALON/SUITE?

Marcy Middleton

I am in Oegon and I made the decision to not be behind the chair for 2 weeks. It was the hardest decision I have ever made in my 18 years of doing hair, but I had to follow my gut that was telling me to be socially responsible and abide by the CDC guidelines for social distancing. I have four children and we rely on my full time income, but I trust and believe making the ethical decision in this situation will help save lives. I am not fearful of getting the virus, but the possibility of exposure is high seeing 6-10 people a day plus the remainder of the people in the salon. My kids schools have been shut down until April 28th out of precaution. I know we all have to make our decision on this based on our own personal logic and morals. I hope this helps anyone wrestling with this decision as I was one of them until I decided yesterday to abide by CDC guidelines for social distancing for 14 days.